Take Flight Aviation is now eligable to train foreign flight students.  Below is some information on some of the requirements necessary to obtain a Pilots License if you are not an American citizen.  While this information is not comprehensive it will give you a good starting point.


You must participate in the Alien Flight Student Program and undergo a security threat assessment if:

You are an alien; and

You are seeking flight training inside or outside the United States for U.S. airman certificate under 14 CFR. This rule applies to flight training that you could use toward a recreational, sport, or private pilot certificate; multiengine or instrument rating; or any initial U.S. airman certificate issued by FAA.

NOTE: Information on this page applies only to aliens training in aircraft with a maximum certificate takeoff weight of 12,500 pounds or less.  If you are training in an aircraft exceeding this weight read, TSA Background Checks for Training in Aircraft over 12,500.


As an alien, you are NOT required to participate in the AFSP and undergo a security threat assessment if:

You are seeking recurrent training, such as a flight review, instrument proficiency check, or flight training listed under 14 CFR 61.31; or

You are seeking ground training; or

You are participating in a discovery or demonstration flight for marketing purposes; or

The Department of Defense or U.S. Coast Guard (or a contractor with either) is providing your training.

You have been endorsed by the U.S. Department of Defense. Click here  for instructions if you have been endorsed by DoD.

These exemptions are further clarified at www.flightschoolcandidates.gov.

The information above was provided by aopa.org. can we imbed this link in aopa.org: https://www.aopa.org/Pilot-Resources/Flight-Instructor-Resources/AOPAs-Guide-to-TSAs-Alien-Flight-Training-Citizenship-Validation-Rule/Aliens-and-Non-U-S-Citizens-Seeking-Flight-Training.aspx

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions our staff is always happy to assist.