It’s been over 50 years since the AOPA Air Safety Foundation first introduced their Pinch Hitters course, designed to teach aircraft passengers to be ad hoc co-pilots. Since then, many lives have been saved, equipment preserved and the love of flying born.
Take Flight Aviation is proud to offer the Pinch Hitters course to you.
Whether you are a:
► Frequent passenger in a light general aviation aircraft,
► You are looking to get into flying but want more than the typical introductory flight offers
This course is for you. No matter how you look at it, it’s always best to be capable of getting an aircraft out of the air and safely on the ground in the event of pilot incapacitation – that’s just what we’ll teach you how to do.
- How an aircraft flies
- Learn what the instruments tell you and how to read them
- What each of the pilot controls do
- How to use the controls and visual cues to safely fly the aircraft
- How to use the radios & navigation equipment
- How to land the aircraft safely
The Take flight Pinch Hitters course includes:
- 3 hours of ground training
- 1 hour in Redbird FMX Full Motion Flight Simulator
- 4 hours in one of our aircraft with a highly qualified flight instructor
If you ride with friends or family in their aircraft, this class is “must learn” material. Also for those looking to learn more about flying – there is no better place to start!!
We offer three different Pinch Hitter packages based on the aircraft you want to fly:
$1235 – In a 4 seat Piper Warrior
$1204 – In a 2 seat Diamond DA20
$1417 – In a 4 seat G1000 (modern glass digital instruments) Diamond DA40
There’s no better passenger in the front seat than a co-pilot and there’s no better time to get started than now!
*Additional Training is available at prevailing rates.